Monday, November 13, 2006

A Crowd Worthy of a Win

The Caps won 3-1 against the NY Rangers at Verizon Center on Saturday night and the crowd was loud! Considering the poor attendance at the last home game I attended, I was thrilled to see a mostly full Verizon Center, a cheering crowd and one that enjoyed booing Jaromir Jagr when he had the puck. Most Caps fans hate Jagr and I count myself among them. I know, it's stupid to fire up a good hockey player like Jagr by booing him, but it's so hard not to do. However, Jagr didn't score because Olie was, once again, spectacular in net with 41 saves.

Boyd Gordon started the scoring with his first score of the season and his first since October 2003. Ovie netted his 11th tally of the season and Pettinger scored his 2nd goal of the season. The team played well overall and put a lot of pressure on the Rangers. It showed and it got the Caps two more precious standings points.

I always read the Caps fans boards before I blog because there is fascinating material out there sometimes. Today, there was a link to Tarik El-Bashir's blog in the Washington Post about what has to be the most dedicated Caps fan ever. His name is Johnny Drummond and he travels once a year from England to see the Caps play. Wow! I'm in awe...

The puck drops in Florida shortly. Let's go Caps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home