Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Caps MacLellan Era Starts by Adding Ex-Penguin Defensemen


Rookie General Manager Brian MacLellan signed defensemen Brooks Orpik to a staggering  5-year $27.5 million deal and Matt Niskanen to a 7-year $40.25 million deal. There is no question the Caps defense improved over last year's crop of 23 years old and younger crowd, but I'm perplexed by the length of these contracts. That's risky.  

Orpik turns 34-years old before the season starts. Did I mention that I hate him? Orpik is on the downside of his career. Did I mention that I hate him? Will his leadership help Mike Green return to his form by protecting his back? So hard to tell, but it will be interesting to watch. Did I mention that I hate him for his sometimes classless behavior and Pittsburgh whininess? It will be hard for me to root for him, but I can't argue with the fact that he's won a Cup.

Read more here.

Let's go Caps!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home