Tuesday, March 06, 2007

What's Next in Caps Land?

Boy, a lot has happened in Caps land since I've been able to blog (computer issues slowed me down). The trade deadline sent Jamie Heward, Dainus Zubrus and Richard Zednik to other teams. I'm still not sure what I think about the "rebuilding plan" for the Caps after all these trades. GMGM makes his case for the plan in an open letter on the Caps website here. My take....I'll wait and see what the Caps do this summer. If they don't pick up some key veterans to help develop this young team, the rebuilding could last forever.

In game news, the Caps lost to the Florida Panthers 6-5 in a shootout, got smacked by NY Islanders in a 6-2 loss and lost to the Tampa Bay Lightning in 5-4 in another shootout. The Cap's inability to win shootouts is starting to depress me since they've lost 10 of them.

The good news...Ovie had a 4-point night against Florida and Milan Jurcina the new d-man acquired from Boston is playing well with Morrison (they were former teammates). That's about all the good news I've seen lately.

The Caps play the Maple Leafs tonight.

Let's go Caps!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home