Friday, February 02, 2007

I Can't Even Watch This Team Right Now

The Caps lost again, surprise, surprise. Lucky for me I had to work late last night so I couldn't watch the game. They lost to Florida 6-3. Florida scored their 1st goal 77 seconds into the game, once again, highlighting the Caps inability to come out and play hard in the 1st period.

As expected, the fan boards this morning are full of fire Hanlon, fire GMGM etc, etc. The best writing out there today that has generated tons of comments from fans is Tarik El-Bashir's blog post from the Washington Post. He wonders why the fans are so upset with this team because he feels it's surprising that the Caps aren't battling Philadelphia for last place in the league given the talent the team has today. Wow.

The reason I'm upset with this team is that earlier in the season they seemed to play with a strong work effort that overcame their lack of depth. Over this past month, I have no idea what happened to that effort, but injuries are NO EXCUSE! They've beaten Cup contending teams this year - Buffalo, Ottawa (not lately) - when they put their minds to it. Right now, they're sliding backwards fast. I wasn't initially expecting the Caps to make the playoffs this year, but they gave me hope in October & November. Now, it's quite clear they'll be playing golf in April...again.

In other news, the Caps picked up a young blue liner from the Boston Bruins, Milan Jurcina. Whippee...he's expected to potentially become a top 4 d-man. I'm sick to death of potential.

The Caps will probably get stomped by Pittsburgh tomorrow if the lackluster play continues. I hope they prove me wrong.

Let's go Caps!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home