Thursday, February 08, 2007

1 Point Against Boston

The Caps played a decent game against Boston but should have put it away. Laich & Fehr scored for the Caps and Semin got a shootout goal, but 2 Bruins scored on Olie so that was the end of that game. Fehr is playing good hockey and I hope that continues unlike other players that come up from Hershey to play and can' t keep it going for more than a few games.

Ovie went scoreless 3 games in a row for the 1st time in his NHL career. In the Boston game, the beast blue liner Chara shadowed Ovie all game and did a great job (as much as I hate to say that) limiting Ovie to 2 shots on goal. I'm worried that Ovie is feeling frustrated with his performance and the Caps performance and I can only hope he's not putting too much pressure on himself since it's pretty obvious the Caps aren't going to the playoffs this year. According to Tarik from the Washington Post article today, Ovie was joking around at practice yesterday so I hope that attitude stays and, of course, I'd like to see him score some goals against the LA Kings tonight.

In that same Post article, Tarik said that Pothier, Erskine and Muir have started skating with the team. That's the best Caps news I've heard in weeks although it's probably too late for this season.

Faceoff in less than 30-minutes.

Let's go Caps!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home