Friday, February 04, 2011

Oh, yeah, I can't watch Caps tonight

Instead of getting pissed off at the lackadaisical play of the Washington Capitals, I'll be enjoying a nice dinner with some friends. I have no doubt that by the time I get home Tampa Bay will have shellacked the Caps. Amazing, the team that has Steve Yzerman as its GM will probably win another Stanley Cup before the Caps win their first one.

Here's hoping I can somehow get face value for my remaining tickets this year because I'm not going to care again until the Caps care again and that won't happen until there are major changes in this organization. Instead, I'm looking forward to, hopefully, recouping some of my money because I'm not going to waste it on this pathetic team.

Many could argue, rightfully so, that I'd shut up if I didn't care anymore. Point taken. But, I write because I can't believe the disaster this team has become and it's not due to a lack of talent, just a lack of heart.  With the organization as it is today, I don't expect any Washington team to hoist a Stanley Cup in my lifetime. Sad, really, after all the enthusiasm I had for the arrival of Alexander Ovechkin.

My husband-like boyfriend (yes, I edited that as it originally said boyfriend-like husband!), Jeff, and I talked during the game the other night about how we're not even excited to see Ovie on the ice anymore. I never thought I'd see that day arrive and I'm depressed about it, but it's where I am. He's not doing anything on the ice to cheer about and neither is Nicklas Backstrom or Brooks Laich or Mike Knuble or Eric Fehr and the list goes on and on.

The game's a sellout tonight in Tampa, Caps team, so they'll be pumped for this game.  If you care, you'll be pumped, too, and show it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Let's go Caps!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Jeff said...

I think it's suppose to be husband like boyfriend. I mean I call you my wife like girl friend.

I love her blogs!!!!!

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous M男 said...

女性に侮辱されたり罵られて興奮してしまうM男は集まれ!アナタのM度を測れるサイトが誕生!M男チェッカーで自分に合うプレーを探しましょう!あなたはどんなプレイがお好みですか?

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous 童貞 said...

早く童貞を捨てたいと思っているあなたにピッタリのサイトが誕生!このサイトで長年守っていたあなたの童貞がついに奪われる!?あなたの童貞卒業を優しくサポートしちゃいます☆

 

Post a Comment

<< Home