Monday, October 25, 2010

Feeling lackadaisical about the Caps

I love hockey. I love the Caps. Those facts are undisputed. But, I can't seem to get excited for this season and maybe it's because of the way the Caps are playing. Their woes are well know - a lot of injuries, a too young defense that has a lot to learn, a first line that isn't clicking and a power play that couldn't find the back of the net if the net covered the entire end of the rink.

But, that's not what concerns me the most. Despite their 5-3, 10 point record, they look rough out there. There's too much waiting around for the puck, dumping it in and losing the puck, turnovers and a lack of flow to their game. For a team that's supposed to "Stay angry. Believe in yourself." they aren't displaying a lot of emotion.

I'm sorry I missed watching Saturday night's game against the Atlanta Thrashers only because I would have liked to see Mattieu Perreault (Matty P!) feed Alexander Semin for two of his three hat trick goals, one of which he got to Semin while being tripped. Not to mention witnessing his success at the dot. He won 64% of his faceoffs and he took 14. Gee, you think the Caps need a little more Matty P? I like the energy he plays with and he makes things happen. I understand, maybe, that there's not room for him here full-time now and I understand he faded after playing twenty games last year, but I still think he has what it takes to be a full-time NHL'er. Think Martin St. Louis.

Step it up Caps and please get healthy.

Let's go Caps!



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home