Sunday, November 30, 2008

Caps road woes continue as Blue Jackets win 3-0

After shutting out the Montreal Canadiens on Friday, the Caps got shutout by a rookie goaltender, Steve Mason, in Columbus last night.  I didn't get to see the game and it seems like that was a good thing.  The Blue Jackets, Rick Nash, scored twice which is no surprise to me as he continually scores against my team in EA hockey!  Raffi Torres scored the other goal.

From what I've read, Capitals goalie Brent Johnson played solid in net so it was the lack of offense and the AHL level defense that couldn't contain the Blue Jackets.  Even though Johnson played well, I'm still curious why Coach Boudreau didn't go with Jose Theodore after he got the shutout the prior night.  Who knows.  The bigger question is why can't the Caps win on the road?  They have to improve on their 4-8-2 road record if they want to do anything in the post season this year.

The worst news of the game, defenseman Karl Alzner, went out with an injury.  This has me wondering what in the hell is going on with the Capitals if they have players getting injured every single game.  Is it conditioning? Is it simply bad luck (Caps fans are all too familiar with that)?  Is it carelessness (I'm sure Mike Green will remember to keep his head up now)? All I know is that the list of injured players has reached a unparalleled level of absurdity.  I'm also getting sick of players like Alexander Semin being listed day-to-day which quickly turns into week-to-week.  Arghhh.

At least the Caps come back home to the friendly environs of the phone booth for a game against the Florida Panthers on Tuesday.  I'll be there rocking the red.

Let's go Caps!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home