Sunday, November 09, 2008

Caps beat the Ranger 3-1

The Caps beat the league leading NY Rangers with Brent Johnson in goal and a team that sounded like it wanted to win for once.  They got garbage goals, yeah, from Brooks Laich and Tom Poti and an empty netter from Alexander Semin.   Since I couldn't watch the game, I'll link to Tarik's blog writeup here.  

It sounds like Johnson was stellar, poke checking Chris Drury on a penalty shot, and the defense stepped it up.  Or, like some fans have mentioned is the defense and the team more comfortable playing with Johnson in net?  Good question...

My only disappointment...Ovie didn't score for the 9th game in a row.  I'll be happy when he finds his game.

Tomorrow night, Olie Kolzig returns to town as the Tampa Bay Lightning net minder.  I'll be proudly wearing my Olie jersey.  But......

Let's go Caps!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home