Saturday, October 11, 2008

An ugly start to a season with high expectations

I said in an earlier post that Jose Theodore was the big unknown going into this season for the Caps and I've never been a fan of his after watching him in Colorado.  Many Caps fans on the message boards wanted those of us who weren't optimistic to give him a chance.  Well, in his chance last night against the Atlanta Thrashers, Theodore got pulled after letting in 4 goals. Then, Brent Johnson looked strong for a short while until he let in 3 more goals that led to a 7-4 loss for the Capitals. Ladies & gentlemen, it's going to be a looooong season.

The good parts of the game - 

  • Mike Green's two goals during a 4 minute power play. He had a 3 point night and looks good.
  • Alexander Semin looked awesome, playing with some grit like he did in the playoffs, and getting 1 goal and 2 assists.
The bad parts of the game - goal tending, goal tending, goal tending and just about everything else.

Yes, I'm a seriously depressed Caps fan this morning and I can only hope they play better tonight against the Chicago Blackhawks.

Let's go Cap!  


Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the love of God someone on this team needs to play defense!!!! I don't care who but seriously that was my biggest fear confirmed. This is the third game in which there was no communication in the backend and that starts and stops with Theodore IMO. He is a head case, and is widly inconsistent. On a positive note Sasha Semin exceeded my preseason anger and moved into demonstrating the kind of play I want to see from him. Yes he had a couple of dumbass turnovers but overall he was getting back to where he left off in the postseason and at the world cup. I agree we are going to have another long season of heartburn and ulcers...I just hope my nerves and my stomach can handle it!!!

Let's Go Caps!!!! Please!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home