Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Olie's gone

This depresses me more than the loss last night - from Tarik's blog.

"Kolzig Removes Nameplate
Goaltender Olie Kolzig removed his nameplate from his locker here at Verizon Center after tonight's 3-2 overtime loss to Philly. Kolzig declined to speak to reporters, but that gesture seems to say it all about his future with the organization."

Looking at the replays of the 98-99 cup run with Olie that they were showing during the playoffs and thinking back on all the years Olie has been here, I'm so depressed that this is how it's going to end. He's the only goalie that has ever done anything for the Caps and I so desperately wanted him to retire a Cap.

Olie, thank you for everything, and I will always proudly wear my #37 jersey. You've been nothing but a class act since Cristobal Huet arrived at the trade deadline.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home