Monday, February 04, 2008

A disappointing loss...and Eric Fehr debuts

The Caps played a lackluster game against a division team, the Atlanta Thrashers, they should be fired up against and lost 2-0. What more is there to say about that since I'm not in the mood to compliment the player most responsible for Atlanta's win.

Eric Fehr, recalled from the Hershey Bears today, is slated to play on the 1st line against the Columbus Blue Jackets tomorrow night. Wow, let me count the ways I hate that decision. I know the Caps have played tepid offense lately, but I'm not sure I'd want to break up the line of Ovie, Backstrom and Koslov to bring up a forward who's been sidelined with a mysterious back/hip ailment for 10 months. And, to rush him up here after only 10 games played in Hershey. I'm going to hope management doesn't quickly regret this decision.

All I know is that I want to see the Caps fighting tomorrow night. Because, fighting for 1st in the SE or fighting for 8th in the Eastern Conference is the only way they're going the playoffs. And, i want to see Ovie play in the playoffs. And, yes, I'm very aware I'm not the only one.

Let's go Caps!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home