Friday, February 01, 2008

Ovie single handedly wins 2 points against Montreal

What can I say about Alex Ovechkin, except to say I'm thrilled he's a Cap for the long-term. It was him and only him that won the game, 5-4 in overtime (with Ovie getting the game winner) against the Montreal Canadiens. He was also named the NHL first star of January, with his 13 goals and 9 assists for the month. I'm so glad his contract is signed because he's playing inspired hockey. I keep telling my other half, Jeff, that I remember when the sports writers and commentators kept saying that Ovie's shot was a hair off early in the season, but they had no doubt he would fix it. Did he ever and with the usual Ovie flair...according to this quote from Tarek El Bashir's blog.

"Today was special day," Ovechkin said after the team doctor went to work on his nose, which he broke for the fifth time. "I broke my nose, I have stitches, I score four goals. Everything go to my face."

Tarek also reports that Shaone Morrison said he hopes to be back in the lineup against Atlanta tomorrow. Boy, do I hope that comes true. The Caps have sorely missed Mo and Brian Pothier manning the blue line.

Up next...Atlanta tomorrow.

Let's go Caps!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home