Caps need to learn how to pass again
- Tomas Fleischman had a strong game. He cleared the puck out of the zone very effectively during the penalty kill and also set up Michael Nylander on the Caps second goal even with a Bruin tying up his skates with his stick.
- The Caps penalty kill, other than Flash's stellar play, is painful to watch. Tom Poti please come back soon. He should be back on Saturday against Detroit.
- The first power play for the Caps ended with a pretty goal by Mike Green from Alexander Semin and Ovechkin after seemingly endless passing by the Caps.
- I still don't understand what people see in Jeff Schultz other than he's 22 and can still develop. He didn't play well in that game. I watched him flub a couple of passes that ended up with the Caps losing the puck in the offensive zone.
- Jose Theodore had another strong game in net. How many times have I said that now? After his earlier rough patch as a Capital when Brent Johnson was vying for the #1 job, I never thought I'd say that. I hope he keeps up his consistent play of late.
- Watching Alex Ovechkin lying motionless on the ice after crashing into the boards when Zdeno Chara hooked him made my heart stop. Thankfully, he seems to be okay as he participated in the team scrimmage today.