Monday, March 31, 2008

Caps continue to fight without much help

I didn't get to see the Caps beat Florida 3-0 on Saturday since I was out of town. At least, my heart got a break from the relentless 'must win' games. The Caps aren't getting any help from anyone except for former Capital, Jeff Halpern, who had a game winning goal for Tampa Bay to beat the Carolina Hurricanes. That leaves the Caps 2 points behind them for the SE division lead. Thanks Jeff!

The Caps ended their road trip with a 5-1 record on the back of the hot net minder Cristobal Huet. Coach Boudreau seems to be sticking with Huet for the rest of the season and as much as I'm a huge fan of Olie, I can't blame him.

The Caps have done well with their trade deadline pickups and I'm still hoping that somehow the Caps can keep Sergei Fedorov for another year. Tarek El-Bashir had a great article in the Washington Post about how Fedorov is "possessed about the playoffs". He brings championship experience to this team that the young guys are soaking up.

To say tomorrow night's game against the Carolina Hurricanes is huge (again!) is an understatement. This is the Caps chance to tie for the division lead. I'm glad I'll be there.

Let's go Caps!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home