Monday, October 09, 2006

Caps 5, Canes 2

Much better.The Caps were a little sluggish early in the first period, but they quickly picked up their game. Alexander Semin started the scoring and ended the night with a hat trick. He's been an early standout with 4 goals in 2 games. I'm glad he doesn't have as much pressure on him as our other Alex - Ovechkin - and I hope Semin keeps knocking it into the net.

I've been worried about the expectations resting on OV's shoulders. In the first two periods of the game, OV looked like he was trying to hard to get the puck in the net and he kept taking difficult angle shots on the net. Midway through the 2nd period, I started chanting in my head "OV will score in the 3rd period" and when he did the Verizon Center erupted. Later, OV added a much needed power play goal and Semin hit the final tally for his hat trick. So, all 5 goals were scored by our two Alex's. And, Clark & Pothier both played well and each had 3 assists. This is going to be a fun year to watch the Caps.

The 16,000+ crowd at the Verizon Center was loud & enthusiastic. I sat in the middle of a sea of OV jerseys and the guy in front of us kept yelling, "Cam Ward, you suck." I only wish that were true. But, I love the enthusiasm. Keep it up Caps fans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home