That was a fun hockey game to watch
I'm a happy Caps fan this morning as they came out on top in a battle against the Philadelphia Flyers, 4-2 after being down 2-0.
I like it when:
- the Caps net minder, formerly known as Jose Threeormore, plays lights out in net. His glove hand snatched pucks out of the air in between crowds of bodies last night. Theodore beat the penalty shot caused by Tom Poti. Caps fans couldn't ask for more from their goalie. He deserved his first star of the game after those 41 saves.
- the Caps come out flying and play aggressive hockey. But, I'm not going to talk about the patheticness of the power play right now (okay, they got 1). It's happy day,
- Alex Ovechkin scores two goals and throws Mike Richards into the boards on 1 of his 5 hits.
- Alexander Semin, recently returned from injury, catches Ray Emery napping for a goal.
- David Steckel kicks butt in the faceoff dot, with a dominating 63% of wins on 16 draws in the defensive zone. Coach Boudreau played him a lot on 24 shifts to take 27 faceoffs.
- Nicklas Backstrom gets a goal and three assists for a 4 point night and 2nd star of the game.
- Chris Clark shows the grit that made me appreciate him so much, before all of his injuries. The Caps need him back to his former self.
- Keith Aucoin plays like the spark plug he can be.
- Jeff Schultz hits somebody and is all around playing better.
It was a good night to be a Caps fans.
Caps visit the Atlanta Thrashers tomorrow night.
Let's go Caps!