The most important game of the Caps season
And they get destroyed by Buffalo. What a gutless effort for a team now outside the playoff picture. I don't even get disappointed anymore because I expect to be disappointed.
- The awesome defensive pairing of Jeff Schultz with John Carlson helped to hand Buffalo an early 2-goal lead. Carlson was minus-3, in 4-minutes of work, and Schultz was minus-2.
- Ovie lost the puck during the power play, which lead to a short-handed goal. He was playing the point.
- AHL goalie, Braden Holtby, got pulled after letting in three goals.
- The Caps collectively took too many low percentage scoring shots that were never going to get past Ryan Miller. Once again, they refuse to get dirty and go to the net. How many times have I heard that and how many times have the Caps actually done it? Too much talk, as usual. How about a little more do and a little less talk, Caps.
- They racked up 14 giveaways as of the end of the 2nd period and 17 for the game.
- The once loud and proud phone booth had a lot Buffalo fans cheering for the opposing team tonight. I remember those days pre-lockout. Not fun.